Long Island Community Fellowship is proud to participate with Healing Communities USA in our continuing effort to inspire the LICF family to take a pro-active involvement in events and programs concerning Equality and Justice.
Healing Communities was founded in 2006 in response to the devastating effect, mass incarcerations were having among urban families and communities in cities across the country. Understanding that Faith communities play an essential role Dr. H. Dean Trulear created the Healing Communities training model
Rev. Dr. Harold Dean “Doc” Trulear, National Director of Healing Communities is an ordained American Baptist minister, an Associate Professor of Applied Theology at Howard University and serves as a Fellow at the Center for Public Justice in Washington DC.
Training will include :
- Walk with returning citizens by connecting returning citizens to resources that will help set atainable goals
- Help them to connect with their faith by providing spiritual support
- Open their hearts to foster postive relaionships
- Embrace them and extend open and affirming fellowship
- Provide understanding to collabarate with family and friends to rebuild relationships
- Advocate for political change on a local, state and federal level
Saturday March 2nd
9:00AM – 3:00PM,
Admission is free
A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided
Please RSVP at 631-647-8701.